McLaren’s Jenson Button still is motivated to secure results with the team that he joined at the end of his championship-winning season in 2009, moving from Brawn GP.
The Brit, who now has revealed the new race helmet design that he will sport for this weekend in memory of his late father John, said on Thursday that the team is working very hard to get results and move up the table in the constructors’s standings and challenge Williams and Force India later on in the year.
“We’re not where we wanted to be,” admitted the 34-year-old, who has scored 43 points so far, and that the team recognizes that progress needs to made.
‘I don’t think that we should be pointing a finger at any individual in the team,” he said, in response to comments recently made by Ron Dennis, urging Button to “try harder.”
However, he said that no “half-measures” are being taken when it comes to his commitment to McLaren and to the sport itself: “I have the experience in Formula One to know that you need to give 100 percent and I always do every time I’m in the paddock, at the factory, on the phone to my engineers. Everything is 100 percent.”
However, speculation still is there regarding his future in the team and in Formula One, but Button remained adamantly tight-lipped about it: “In terms of the future, that’s something I can’t discuss right now.”
Images © Jenson Button